- The class is patterned after an Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) format, so there will be approximately 20 minutes of free play at different stations, and then we’ll move into circle time for a story and song.
- Takes place the 1st Sunday of every month after the worship service in the Rainbow Room starting in October 2022.
- Each session meets in the Rainbow Room for a 30-45 minute sessions of family time where you and your child can spend time playing and learning some familiar Bible stories.
- Some play activities might get messy; come in casual clothes.
- Our goal is to offer time for fun and fellowship for the parents too. We encourage parents to get to know one another while they play together with their kids.
3 years old- Kindergarten
Frolic Preschool Curriculum
Play-based Sunday school curriculum for preschoolers
- Allow toddlers and preschoolers to explore faith concepts the way they know best - through play!
- Children learn timeless Bible stories through age-appropriate play spaces, prayers, storytelling, music and rituals.
1st Grade- 6th Grade
- Children’s ministry that uses multiple intelligence learning through the Workshop Rotation Model.
- During each rotation only one Bible story is taught.
- We focus on one Bible story for 2-4 weeks but in different hands on ways such as; art, movies, games, theater or science.
- Creative learning environments that teach Bible stories.
- Throughout their years in the children's ministry program they will have learned 25-30+ Bible stories plus other special days in the church.
Type the content for this accordion section here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this accordion section. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section.
Sundays: 10:00Am Worship Service (children are released to class after "Kid Talk")
First Communion Faith Lab
Sunday, March 5, 2023 from 1-4 PM
Children will receive their First Communion on Thursday, April 6, 2023
- At Christ the King, Communion is a choice for parents as to when their child is ready to receive this sacrament.
- The Communion faith lab is offered twice per year, in the spring and once in the fall.
- At the Lab, children will bake the bread, paint their own Communion chalice and stomp grapes.
- Children will see where and how Holy Communion is prepared, practice what happens at Communion, and finally, gain a deeper insight into the sacrament of The Lord’s Supper.
Ingham Okoboji Lutheran Bible Camp will be leading our VBS program.
SAVE THE DATE: June 19 - 22, 2023