Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at the 6PM Worship Service
Followed by a class in the 5th/6th Grade Room
Sunday, September17, 2023 at the 10:00AM Worship Service
Followed by bagels & class in the Fireside Room
Date: October 8, 2023
During this faith lab the children will paint their own chalice and paten along with baking bread and making wine. Pastor Melanie will teach them about Holy First Communion. The day of their first communion will be on Wednesday, November 22rd at 6:00PM.
This year our Christmas program will be the musical Straight Outta Bethlehem.
The children will be performing on Sunday, December 17th and Wednesday, December 20th during normal worship times.
Ingham Okoboji Lutheran Bible Camp will be leading our VBS.
SAVE THE DATE: June 10-13, 2024
- The class is patterned after an Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) format, so there will be approximately 20 minutes of free play at different stations, and then we’ll move into circle time for a story and song.
- Takes place the 1st Sunday of every month after the worship service in the Rainbow Room starting in October and ending in May.
- Each session meets in the Rainbow Room for a 30-45 minute sessions of family time where you and your child can spend time playing and learning some familiar Bible stories.
- Some play activities might get messy; come in casual clothes.
- Our goal is to offer time for fun and fellowship for the parents too. We encourage parents to get to know one another while they play together with their kids.
3 years old- Kindergarten
Frolic Preschool Curriculum
Play-based Sunday school curriculum for preschoolers
- Allow toddlers and preschoolers to explore faith concepts the way they know best - through play!
- Children learn timeless Bible stories through age-appropriate play spaces, prayers, storytelling, music and rituals.
1st Grade- 6th Grade
- Children’s ministry that uses multiple intelligence learning through the Workshop Rotation Model.
- During each rotation only one Bible story is taught.
- We focus on one Bible story for 2-4 weeks but in different hands on ways such as; art, movies, cooking, games, theater or science.
- Creative learning environments that teach Bible stories.
- Throughout their years in the children's ministry program, they will have learned 25-30+ Bible stories plus other special days in the church.